Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bedroom Makeover, Like it Might Finally Happen This Time

I'm on a self-imposed home decor buying hiatus until the Missoni for Target line comes out. Or until the pictures come out and I decide I hate everything and don't want any of it. Which isn't likely to happen. It's multi-colored chevrons, people. How would I not like that?

In the meantime though, our bedroom sucks. I had HUGE, HUGE I TELL YOU plans a couple years ago to make the bedroom awesome. But I didn't. I bought curtains and a runner and gave up. The basement is the only successful start-to-finish room makeover I've done. The livingroom? Didn't happen. Nursery? Nope. Office? I don't think so. So, now I'm going back to the bedroom but I don't want to spend a whole lot. (Damn you, Missoni!!!) Using mostly accessories I bought for the office and then dumped into storage when Lennon came along, I came up with this:



The walls right now are powder blue and chocolate brown. Yes, it's as fugly as it sounds. I think I want to paint the room white (that's a first) and paint the closet doors a super glossy black. The curtains and chandelier I already have. I just have to buy the rug if it will fit in the bedroom. And please, tell me you can look at that rug and not immediately start singing Outkast.

No comments: