Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Haircut

I basically have this haircut now.



I don't have a picture yet of my own head to show you. My friend Leslie might have one but I'm also wearing a fake baby belly in the picture and that's not really something I need to be posting on my blog. I think I started enough rumors by just wearing the belly. I don't need to go posting it on the interwebs.

Back to the hair... I cut it all off a couple weeks ago. I started seeing a new stylist that was raaaaaved about by nearly my entire family. My last haircut was awful. I'm pretty sure the girl who cut it was on drugs. She looked dead in the eyes like one of the possessed townsfolk on True Blood. She washed, cut, dried and shoved me out the door in less than 25 minutes. She didn't even show me the back. Just put down the blow-dryer, took off my smock and handed me my purse. So, I went to the new girl. She kicks ass.

I found these pictures in October's issue of Real Simple. There's a style guide in there for different hair lengths. The directions make styling look really easy, but let me tell you. It's not. Their directions for all of those styles are essentially as follows:

1. Put a glob of mousse in hair.
2. Comb/finger comb hair into place.
3. Let air dry.

How exactly you're supposed to get four unique hair styles out of that is beyond me. I really like the middle one on the right, but I'm not that good. I did try out the top right one and it looked decent. I wore it with dark red lipstick which made me look like a cross between a flapper and one of the chicks from a Robert Palmer video. I looked simply irresistible. (Everyone with me on that?) So, now of course I think I should buy a flapper style dress and just rock the house with it. Maybe I'll learn to do the Charleston too.

No comments: