Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Random.

Matt and I impulse-booked a trip to Chicago today. Or rather, I impulse-booked and he gave his approval with a text message that simply said, "K." I was searching around looking for a good concert to go see for our anniversary and I found Brendan Benson in Chicago, playing at some bar for $15. Pardon me? $15?

I'll take two.

Then I found a ridiculously cheap hotel within walking distance of the show, so I snatched that up too. It's been a while since I've been to Chicago so I'm looking forward to it. I'm also equally excited to stop in Amana on the way home and buy cheese, jelly and blackberry wine. Bless those dear European settlers and their quaint tourist attractions.

I also found this today and it made me laugh.



I used to live with a guy who looks exactly like Ringo. Sometimes he would wear a hat and ride his bike and then he would really look like Ringo. One night when we were all drunk, he got his bike and hat out to make us laugh and probably impress a girl. He rode down the hill in our front yard and ran straight into a parked car, flipping over the hood and landing in the street. He dented the hell out of the neighbor's car. It was one of the top five funniest things I've ever seen.

No comments: