Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hump Day!

Things going on:

1. Got a job interview after work! How exciting! Hopefully it goes well and I might never have to step foot in a cubicle again.

2. I am swimming in ideas for a certain someone's baby room. It started out with her asking me to paint a mural and ended up with me wanting to make curtains and the whole shebang. No word on the sex of the baby yet, but I'm pulling for a girl after today's conversation about room themes. Before I was partial to a little boy's room, superheroes, a skyline and Shea stadium. Oh my! But we talked about a girl's room today and came up with polka-dots, stripes, a tea party, butterflies, cupcakes and bumble bees. CUTE!!! Maybe if she has a boy I'll just go ahead and decorate my bedroom in those things...

3. Jonathon said he would help us finish up on the massive paint job we started in our home. The basement is 95% finished, then there's the guest room and the bathroom. The kitchen needs to be finished too. The old owners painted red halfway across the wall and stopped partway into the kitchen. It doesn't look bad, but it bugs the crap out of me.

4. Weed that garden already! Technically my garden isn't full of weeds, it's full of crapgrass. (Typo but I'm keeping it.) I would rather have weeds than devious crabgrass that will not go away no matter how much of it I pull out. Somewhere in that mess I call a garden are cucumbers, watermelon, tomatoes and peppers. Possibly some onions too. It's really, really bad in there. I'm sure the neighbors hate me for it.

5. I officially started my 1/2 marathon training last night. It was unbearably hot outside when I ran after work. I purposely chose the flattest route I could find. I managed to make it all three miles without puking and rewarded myself with a cold shower and an even colder beer.

6. I have so much freelance on my plate right now I don't know where to start. So I'm not. Procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate.

7. Project Runway is tonight! Last week Jeff and I watched it together and played, "Guess Which Designers Are on Coke!" Tonight Brandon will rejoin us and we'll watch it at my house for the first time ever. Reminds me of the time Jeff and I watched a Season One marathon at my apartment back in the day. The day went: breakfast, Project Runway, St. Pat's parade, beer (so what if it was 10am, there was an Irish parade outside my window!), Project Runway, lunch, Project Runway, nap, Project Runway, Funnybone. I would love to relive that day over again. It was more fun than two people should be allowed to have in the span of 24 hours.

No comments: