Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dresses and Dogs

Project Runway was a good one last night. Suede won with his crazy pink and beige cocktail dress, which in retrospect was pretty freakin incredible considering the materials he had to work with. My favorite dress of the season is still Keith's checked tablecloth dress. I would wear that damn thing day in and day out if I owned it. It's adorable!



The interview yesterday went well. I have another one with another manager on Friday. Eric and Matt really did all the work for me, talking me up to the folks at Apple. All I really had to do was show up as scheduled and show the woman that I was in fact who they said I was. I think I did alright in that sense.

I have a little habit of visiting the Humane Society's website and then taking pictures of the cute dogs and pixing them to Matt while he's working. I always say something like, "Ringo knows this dog. He wants us to go say hi and maybe bring him home." Usually, Matt doesn't think it's cute. But today I did it and he said we could go look at the dog! YAY! She's super cute! She's a lab/aussie mix and has the cutest face in the world. She's seven years old! No seven year old dog deserves to be in the pound! We picked up Ringo in there when he was six-ish and I felt absolutely terrible for him. He is the sweetest dog I've ever met and I can't think of one single thing that would warrant him being given up for adoption. Not one thing. Not opening the trash cupboard and eating garbage. Not opening the fridge and eating a pizza and soda. Not coughing up hair-balls in the middle of the night. Not a single thing! (Seriously though, that dog is a freak for pizza. I can't even tell you how many pizzas he's eaten.)

I'm aware of the risks that go along with adopting a second dog. We finally just got Ringo to the point where he can be left to roam the house while were gone and not completely destroy the place. The new dog might disrupt that. There's also the risk that they won't get along. Cat had a really awful experience with adopting two dogs at different times and they didn't get along. It was heartbreaking for her to have to give up one of her dogs. She went to a close friend who loves her dearly, so it wasn't a completely unhappy ending... but still. No one wants to go through that. And then there's twice the food, twice the vet bills, twice the muddy paws, twice the hair on the floor. But twice the love!

The chance that we'll actually bring the dog home is about 1/1000. So, I shouldn't fret over it too much.

No comments: