Saturday, July 26, 2008

Weekend Update

Here's what I've got done so far...

1. Vacuum the inch of matted dog hair off the bedroom rug.
2. Paper the bathroom shelves.
5. Weed the front flower box and maybe replace the flowers I let die.
6. Make the guest room look like more than just a room where crap goes.

Can you believe that? Turns out that all I have to do in order to make actual progress on the weekend is to tell the cyber-universe that I'm a lazy pig... And just like that! Motivation!

The rug actually got vacuumed last night due to an incident with Ringo. We left him out while we went and hung out with Ryan, and when we came home Ringo had dragged trash all over the living room and kitchen. He ate anything resembling food and left mostly paper. The worst thing though was that there was five days worth of coffee grounds in the trash. We swept and vacuumed and still there is coffee all over the floor. The gritty feeling on the bottoms of my feet drives me nuts.

The bathroom looks pretty great. It started off looking like this:


And ended up looking like this:


I have since peeled off that label on the basket. It was driving me crazy after I noticed it in the picture.

It took way too long to do, but I think the end result was worth it. I also papered under the sink and in the cabinets. It's a good thing I'm not claustrophobic because I spent nearly half an hour under the sink trying to smooth out all the air bubbles in the paper. I can't stand leaving air bubbles in that stuff. Anal people should not be allowed to use contact paper to cover shelving. Then again, who else but an extremely anal person would even bother with papering shelves?

I fixed up the front yard earlier, and actually weeded the garden on Thursday. It was such a pain in the ass. Bag of crap I pulled out of the garden:


I also bought some cheapo geraniums that didn't look so hot in the store for 29 cents each. I brought them home and planted and watered them, not they look fantastic.



As an added bonus, I went out this afternoon and only spent $11.50. That is a Saturday record low for me. Saturday is usually the day I get into trouble with the spending. I bought an over-the-door robe hook for $5, six clearance geraniums for $2, a nick-nak bowl for the bathroom for $1.50, and had a free lunch with Gloria that only cost me a $3 tip.

No comments: