Friday, April 3, 2009

Love.

You think your day sucked?

I went to a memorial service for a baby today. My niece. There is nothing on this planet more heartbreaking than watching two parents, who I love dearly, saying goodbye to their Julia who was gone before she ever had a chance to be born. There is no consolation that I could possibly offer anyone involved in this. All there is to say is, "I love you."

I've spent the majority of the day either crying or holding back tears. My heart is broken for Julia and her wonderful parents who miss her so much. I know I've blogged about it a couple of times already, but this is pretty much what has been consuming my thoughts for the last couple of weeks.

As time passes and I acquire those experiences that only age can bring, I realize more and more that nothing in this life matters more than the people who love you. That "I am a rock, I am an island" business is bullshit. Family, friends, a support system. It's necessary.

I love you. I love you. I love you. Having someone to say it to doesn't make you codependent, it makes you strong. It gets you through the day. It gives you a reason to wake up in the morning. Love is the most inspiring and spiritual force on Earth and it is the only thing that I can possibly think to offer my family right now.

No comments: