Friday, April 24, 2009

Next!

I think I'm going to spend Saturday finishing up on the chairs that I'm redoing and moving around some furniture.

Thrilling. I know.

The chairs have become a home project of epic proportions. They cost me $4 and weeks and weeks worth of brain melting snags. But they're looking pretty cool. Hopefully, it will all be worth it when my butt is sitting on them Sunday morning.

And then I'm leaving the living room behind and moving onto the bedroom. In our bedroom we have exactly:

one bed
one night stand
one lamp
one entertainment center
five Beatles pictures on the walls.

Some of the trim is white, some of it's brown. The rug is awful. The room needs help. My biggest issue with it is that it feels really dark. And the furniture in there doesn't really make sense. Our nightstand is a side table from the living room, and the entertainment stand is a night stand. Why? Why is that? I want to shuffle around some things between the bedroom and the living room.

And then I will magically make the room fantastic in the following 8 steps:

1. Paint everything brown, white. The biggest thing that bugs me about that room is that I painted the trim around the closet white (the old owners painted it beige for some reason) and then then left the closet door in it's original, ugly, wood veneered state. I'd like to paint it white.

2. Then I'd like to paint a couple of really wide white stripes across the wall behind our bed. The wall is a powder blue color so I think it will look nice.

3. Then I want to buy a headboard. It's the most uncheap step of the plan, but oh how I want that headboard.



4. Buy a couple of cheap used tables, paint them white and turn them into night stands. Buy a second lamp that goes with the first one.

5. Get a new rug. Preferable a shaggy, soft one that will treat me well when I step out of bed in the morning. Target has one for something like $40.

6. Figure out how crown moulding works. Probably call my dad a million times for help and power tools.

7. Rearrange the Beatles mania. Maybe cut back on it a little.

8. Lengthen the curtains with some white and blue polka dot fabric that I bought and then never used.

I'm sure no one really cares about the list. Really, I understand that. I'm a glutton for lists though. Thanks for reading it.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa...cut back on the Beatles a little?

Christine said...

Ya, I know it sounds like crazy talk but every room in the house is dedicated to the Beatles. It would be nice not to sleep beneath John and Paul's face. Oh man... I think I'm headed towards divorce with this kind of talk.