Thursday, June 18, 2009

One Thing At a Time: Yogurt

Since I'm gradually replacing the things in my house and the food in my fridge with safer, healthier alternatives, I thought I'd highlight which transitions were successful and which ones weren't.

Success: Rachel's Yogurt



I have an issue with yogurt. I absolutely love the stuff, but yogurt with fruit chunks in it makes me gag. Literally. I think it's the funky texture. You've got this nice creamy yogurt with chunks in it. It freaks me out... It kind of limits my yogurt options past vanilla and plain.

Imagine my delight when I took a chance and tried one of these, only to find absolutely no fruit chunks in the fruity yogurt! Finally! Someone else gets that it's gross! I can't vouch for all the flavors, but the Orange Strawberry Mango and Blueberry Pomegranate were both chunkless. And aside from not being chunky, it's also delicious and all natural! Acording to the website:

Always natural, Rachel’s products are free of artificial flavors, preservatives or sweeteners including no high fructose corn syrup and are made using milk from cows not given artificial growth hormones (rbST-free).

Sweet!

No comments: