Sunday, December 7, 2008

New Toys

Finally, today I have both my camera and my health and therefore have the energy and ability to sit at a computer and share pictures and type coherently. Matt and I have both been sick this week. The awful, "makes you wish you'd just go ahead and die already" stomach flu type sickness. I had plans yesterday with two different people to take some Christmas pictures and I didn't want to cancel since it's so close to the holidays. I made it through both without incident, but I did leave the first one in a hurry because I thought I was going to puke all over their Christmas tree.

The second was a little more casual. I just went out with my friend Jen and we took some pictures around downtown Omaha. We're both working on improving out photog skills so we just bummed around for a couple of hours. She helped me find things for a Christmas photo project I'm working on as a gift. More on that later... I also wanted to try out a new lens that my sister got me as "payment" for being her mural painter and upcoming baby photographer. I'm not really qualified for either, but she seems to think I'll do ok.

The lens is a super wide angle lens and it was tricky to figure it out. It doesn't work that great when you just shoot things straight on. I had to play with it a little. It's really awesome though. Here are a couple of pics from my first time out with it:





That's it for now. I'm going to go relish in my ability to drink coffee and eat pizza.

3 comments:

Cat said...

Ahhh yes, I see now. The lens will come in handy when you do weddings in the future. You know, all those cutesy photos of like wedding parties jumping in the air...

Christine said...

There will be none of that.

Christine said...

It's going to come in handy when I take pictures of your very cute little son soon here.