Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chocolatey Chippy Goodness

I finally found a reason to make the chocolate chip cookie brownies I found on Bakerella's blog. I took them to a work luncheon thing, a place where they were guaranteed to get eaten. (Not all by me.)



Notice how my cookies are suspiciously square shaped? I went the easiest route possible and used the ready-made dough from the store. They worked just fine. Seriously, these things are so good, I could have stuck an old shoe in there and no one would have noticed.



I meant to top it off with a batch of the chocolate icing I put on the tasty cakes, but I was kind of frazzled that night and forgot the ingredients for it while I was at the grocery store. I did however buy a six pack of beer while I was there and had to stop myself from cracking it open in the parking lot. (I slammed two when I got home and ended up making brownies drunk. Oops.)

Luckily, I had a container of Betty Crocker whipped vanilla frosting at home so I just used that. Oh. Damn. Was that the best mistake ever or what. That stuff tastes like the frosting in Oatmeal Creme Pies. I highly recommend it for anything. Cookies, cakes, straight out of the tub with a spoon.

No comments: