Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Real Simple? Yes. It was.

I felt inspired today to make a nice home-cooked meal for dinner. I was flipping through Real Simple during lunch and decided on the turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes.



I have eaten meatloaf on many, many occasions but I've never made it before. Turns out that all there is to it is meat, breadcrumbs and an egg. On top of that, you just mix in whatever you want. For me that meant lots of garlic, oregano, Cholula and worcestershire. I sprinkled more crumbs over the top to give it a nice crispy crust.



And of course the mashed potatoes. I'm a pro at those. Again, lots of garlic went in there.



Can't wait until tomorrow. There's a meatloaf sandwich in my future.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That looks delicious! Meatloaf is one of my favorite comfort foods, but I have never made it myself either! Yummy!

Christine said...

It was really good for my first attempt at it! Meatloaf is one of those things that I hated as a kid, but love as an adult.

I also have a recipe for something known in my family as "meatsa pie" that is really good. It's sort of like meatloaf pizza.