Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Creamed Spinach Broccoli

Last night for dinner I made another turkey meatloaf (twice as big this time for twice the leftovers) and creamed spinach. Sort of.

I set out to make this recipe from Real Simple magazine.



So, I thawed out my spinach.



And then I noticed that it wasn't spinach. Plans changed and I made creamed broccoli instead.

I melted 8oz of reduced fat cream cheese and about 1/4 cup milk (I don't measure anything.) I threw in what I thought was too much garlic, and then added more (I also like a lot of garlic) and then added a couple shakes of minced onion and pepper. Once it got melty I tossed in the broccoli and cooked it until it was thick and creamy.



It ended up being delicious. I didn't have high hopes for it, but wow. I made something freaking delicious on accident.

No comments: