Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Recipe: Fake Baking!

As far as I know, I created this recipe. It tasted a little familiar though. So, unless someone comes forth to claim it, I'm saying I made it up. Complete bonus for it being easy peasy.

No-bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake



Beat 2 tbsp (room temp) unsalted butter until fluffy. Then add 1 cup peanut butter. Then beat in about 2 tbsp powdered sugar. Once that's mixed and creamy, beat in an 8 oz. package of cream cheese.

If you're like me, you could just eat that straight out of the bowl. But, it gets better.

Fold in half a tub of Cool Whip. Pour cheesecake mix into a pre-made graham cracker crust. Voila! Cheesecake.

I then topped mine with the chocolate ganache from this recipe.



You might want to spread your cheesecake out a little more evenly than I did...

Word of advice for this recipe! It's almost easier to make two pies with this. Just double the peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar ingredients. (And obviously buy a second crust.) Otherwise, you'll end up with half a tub of Cool Whip and about a cup of ganache left over. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have two pies than a fridge full of halves.

Enjoy!

No comments: