Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring

Spring gives me such a stirring feeling in my gut. Whenever it rolls around, I rethink my life and my career and my choices. It's the season of rebirth and every year I continue to be... not reborn?

The sky and the ground, the sounds and the smells, it's all so beautiful and inspiring. But I usually end up missing most of it while sitting in the basement of an office building clicking away at a computer. It's depressing. I hope above all hopes that this is the last year I have to do this. I want my job to be going outside and experiencing the Spring, taking pictures of it and sharing it with people. How wonderful would that be? I've finally found my attainable dream and I'm not going to wait any longer to make it happen. I refuse to live a miserable, office bound life. I know that a lot of people are happy to work in offices (or happy to have a job at this point - for all the complaining I do I'm still happy to be employed) but I don't find any satisfaction in it. I don't know what I was thinking when I pursued a career that required me to sit at a desk for 40 hours a week. It isn't me...

So, this will be the Spring that I follow that stirring. This will be the year that I finally go after what I want and make my life something that I'm proud of. I'm done with the sad sap "poor me with the unhappy job" life I've been living. No one is going to hand me happiness, I have to make it for myself. I realized that long ago. This is the one last step I have to take to make my life completely happy and so help me - I will make it happen.

- Tis' better to live your own life imperfectly than to imitate someone else's perfectly.

I'm about to pass into babbling territory so I'll leave it at that...

No comments: