Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend Picks

I kind of missed the boat on this one. My brain was preoccupied with a photography workshop I had on Saturday at Becky Novacek's studio. And then this afternoon is my niece's sixth birthday party.

Here are a few pics of the model we had at the workshop.







It was so awesome to be able to sit around and have a photographer explain in simple terms how to really use a camera. I learned a lot, but once again left the workshop feeling like I know nothing. I'm really starting to see how my photos are lacking a technical touch, which is a good thing. I'm hoping to be able to improve upon that. I still like my photos though, whether or not they're technically "good." I think they have a decent amount of heart in them.

Looking back at the pictures of our wedding, I'm really disappointed in them. They're well done and yes, technically "good," but I don't think they really represent Matt and me. I wanted some warm and personal pictures of us to put up around the house and I don't feel like we got anything like that. I haven't printed off a single picture to put up. I'm thinking about hiring someone to maybe do some one year anniversary pics for us. If I can talk Matt into it. :)

2 comments:

Renae said...

Loved the headshot Becky took of you, that was my favorite from our flickr group! And I'm in love with your wedding photos! Just gorgeous. It was great to meet you. Good luck with the photography business, you really have a great eye!

Christine said...

Thanks so much! I really had a wonderful time meeting everyone on Saturday. I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with everyone.