Saturday, May 30, 2009

In Hindsight

It's done! Finally, done.

www.christinemcguigan.com

It's not even that the site took a lot of work, because it certainly didn't. I bought that website. I didn't make it. Which is sort of dumb since I currently design websites for a living. But hey, whatever.

It feels so good to cross that off my list. I feel like I'm moving forward and making real progress. I've said it before, but I can't believe I've found something to do with my life that makes me so happy. I've never had passion about my work before. I feel sort of lame for not recognizing this passion earlier. When I was graduating high school I wanted to go to an art college in Chicago and study photography. I obviously didn't end up doing it, but I really wish I would have now. Looking back on the situation, it would have made so much freaking sense. I was just too young and ambivalent to commit to something like that. I didn't know what I really wanted in life - duh, I was 17. I suppose that's why hindsight is such a bitch. It all makes sense eight years later but there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

Of course the counterargument to my wallowing "why didn't I follow my heart" complaint is that it took me getting married to really drive home the idea that this is what I needed to do with my life. I wouldn't have gotten married if I hadn't met Matt. I wouldn't have met Matt if I hadn't been designing websites. I wouldn't have been designing websites if I hadn't gone to school here in Omaha... and so on.

It all comes down to the theory that no matter which path you take, eventually you're going to make it to the point where all the paths intersect and you're going to end up where you're supposed to be.

No comments: