Monday, May 4, 2009

That Feels a Little Bit Better...

Sometimes when misfortune craps on you, fortune shows you a little pity. I booked my first senior portrait session today! I'm really excited. I get to bust out all the cool shots and angles and filters. We're going to start in the Old Market (naturally). I also want to try to find an open field somewhere. I loved shooting photos yesterday of my nieces and nephews playing in the flower (aka dandelion) field yesterday. I'm not well informed on good places to go that will appear secluded like that though.

I like the feeling in photos when there's so sign of civilization anywhere and nature stretches on as far as the eye can see. That's kind of what I have in mind for the first bridal shoot I do this summer. Jen... I'm talkin about you here... I think that would look so peaceful and romantic. Just a bride and groom together, alone, with beauty all around them.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

How exciting for you! Let me know how it goes.

Jen said...

Horray!!!! I love the idea of the field, thats gonna look awesome. I will keep my eyes peeled. A run down, deserted, raggedy barn would be awesome too. I am thinking a weekend in June, like maybe the first weekend, would be perfect for some wedding pics. What do you think? Sunday's would work best.... let me know and I will get it in the calendar now. (sorry for putting this on your wall too!)