Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Not so Lazy Tuesday

I think if the range could go on strike if would have last night. I made baked mac and cheese, boiled some eggs, baked a couple layers of chocolate cake and monkey bread. I cooked from 6:00-9:45, only taking a break to go to my parents' house to pick up a spring-form pan.

A little aside here... I understand that when you buy a package of spring-form pans, you get three different sizes. That makes sense. But it's also inconvenient when trying to make a layer cake because the layers won't match. You either have to cut the extra inch off the bigger layer OR buy two sets of the same size pans. Instead of packages of three they should be sold in packages of six.

Ok. Moving on.

Tonight Jen and I are going to use the cake to practice our fondant skills. My big mouth got me stuck making an "Ace of Cakes" style birthday cake for my friend in July. Needless to say, that is something that I am in no way qualified to do. It's going to take a little bit of practice.

Step One - Learn how to use fondant.

Step Two - Learn how to make fondant because OMG, that garbage is expensive.

No comments: