Monday, May 4, 2009

Ouch

Ouch That Hurts: Paying $316 for new tags on my husband's car... that we're due last June.

No Really, That Hurts: Paying $316 for new tags on my husband's car and paying $150 to get his car out of impound for having said expired tags.

For Real! That hurts. Knock It OFF: Paying $316 for new tags on my husband's car and paying $150 to get his car out of impound for having said expired tags, then paying another $300 when the tags are due again at the end of the month.

I have a sneaking suspicion that his 2009 renewal is going to be late. Just a hunch I have... But we learned our lesson about tempting fate for eleven whole months. You may think you're getting away with something but then one day it's going to catch up with you and your car is going to disappear from the street in front of your brother's house, only to turn up the next morning at the city impound lot.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That sucks. You guys had a great (and expensive) weekend, eh?

Christine said...

Ya! Nothing makes me happier than spending hundreds of dollars and then having nothing to show for it except a little sticker. Especially 4 days before I go on vacation...

Other than the whole "impound" situation it was a good weekend.