Friday, August 22, 2008

Haphazard Recipe #1

I'm pretty good at creating meals out of nothing. Well, close to nothing. I think they usually turn out pretty tasty. Then again, maybe I just think it tastes good in relation to the ingredients I started with, and how bad it could have actually turned out. I also cover most things with either cheese, fried onions, sour cream, or any combination of the three. So, there's that. How bad can something really taste when it's slathered with cheese and sour cream?

Without further ado, I bring you my recipe from last night. Honestly though, unless half of your taste buds have been ripped off in an incident involving a frosty pole, you may want to heavily modify it into something completely different:

Mexi Pasta

Mix together:
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
chopped onion
garlic
jalapenos (if you're into that)
Chili Powder & Pepper to taste

Drain the corn, but keep the bean water to cook everything in. It gives it more flavor. While you're simmering your beany concoction, cook some pasta. I chose shells because that was the only thing to choose from. You can choose whatever tickles your pasta bone. (That sounded dirty but I'm keeping it.)

When everything is cooked, pile some pasta on a plate and cover it with the beans and corn. Then, slather everything with shredded cheese and sour cream. It's gooey and cheesy and pretty good in a pinch.

That's all pretty regular stuff that we have in the house on a daily basis. I could have made the dish better if I'd gone to the grocery store and picked up a couple other things. It would have really been good with some enchilada sauce and some tomatoes. But that would have involved actually going to the grocery store. You know what else? We have several pounds of frozen hamburger in the freezer. That totally would have kicked the tasty up a notch if I'd thrown some in there.

So there's my dinner from last night. It was moderately healthy. Until the fatty dairy products came along at least.

No comments: