Thursday, August 7, 2008

Turning the Big 2-5

I woke up this morning pretty content about the fact that I am now 25 years of age. Yesterday I had my big "WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE" freak out, so today I'm feeling pretty good. I was bumming hard yesterday. I thought I would have my professional life in order by now. Cathy talked me down from it. She said, "You always did want to achieve way more than was humanly possible and realistic." I supposed it's a constant work in progress though, no matter what your age.

So, now that 25 has gone by the wayside, the new "have it all figured out" career goal is 30. I think five more years is plenty. I have a second degree to finish up and a business to open, I think that's a realistic time frame to get it all done in. Besides, do I really want to be a self-start career girl at the age of 25? No way! I'm going to use the rest of my 20s to leach off of my employer, travel, drink and act in a generally irresponsible manner. I might also buy a completely impractical car. I haven't made up my mind yet on that.

No comments: