Monday, August 25, 2008

Seeing Spots

The next shower o' gifts was on Saturday at Cathy's house. She made loads of yummy food. Salmon spread, a sandwich platter, artichoke dip, some sort of yummy shrimp-avacado thing and cupcakes. She also provided wine even though she's prego and it's probably torture to watch other people enjoy alcoholic beverages.

I have to rave a little bit about the shower that Cathy planned for me. It was so nice and non-bridey. There weren't any cheesy decorations, no stupid games, no one was forced into becoming a toilet paper bride. I loved it. I don't have much patience for showers of any type so it was a relief to not suffer through my own. Thanks Cat!

The theme of the day was definitely polka dot. It's my most recent decorating obsession. When we moved into our new house, I tried to decorate it in a way that made it appear to be owned by adults. Turns out that that's boring. Thus, the crazy colors and polka dots. My mom fed my addiction by buying me these awesome dishes. They haven't made it out of the box yet...



I was also ecstatic to get the serving pieces to the Paula Dean Crazy Dots collection. I bought the cake platter for the wedding and then my sis, mom and aunt bought some other pieces for me.





I also got a set of polka dot bath accessories. Now I just need the polka dot bedding and curtains and the transformation will be complete.

Matt and my friends and family are incredibly generous people and I couldn't have asked for more from them. It was such a great day.

No comments: