Monday, September 22, 2008

The Honeymoon is Over... For Reals.

Well, the honeymoon, as well as two weeks off of work, is over. Back to the daily routine.

We got back from San Francisco on Saturday night. I was happy to be back in our home, but I was definitely sad to see California get left behind. I really like it out there. The trip was a huge inspiration to me. It inspired us to redo our living-room, it inspired new foods for us to create, it inspired me to spend wads of cash on new clothes... Seriously. I spent my yearly allowance on clothes in the span of five days. Totally worth it though. I scored a pile of great stuff.

We're still (not patiently) waiting on the wedding photos to come back. So until then, here's some honeymoon photos... The full album is right here on Flickr.

This is the view from our hotel room. We casually mentioned to the front desk lady that we were on our honeymoon and she hooked us up with a mini suite on the 27th floor.



Here's me all dolled up to go see some drag queens...



We walked to the wharfs where we found lots of food, bay water and sea lions. The sea lions reminded me of Ringo. (When you pull his ears back he looks like a little seal pup.) I really wanted to take that little white guy home with me, but disturbing the sea lions (as well as throwing food and harassing them) is prohibited.



Also, on the wharfs: a great view of Alcatraz. It looks really close but it's actually about 1.5 miles out from the shore. The entire bay is much larger than it looks.



Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park... Makes you completely forget you're in the middle of one of the largest cities in the country.



Matt in Haight-Ashbury. This place had a sign on the door explaining that they do not sell pot, they will not help you score pot, they do not know where you can get pot. Hint though: Everyone in the park will try to sell it to you. And the guy in the parking lot of McDonald's has some methamphetamines if that's more your style.



This is the People's Cafe in Haight-Ashbury. It was one of the best meals we had while we were there. Ya. Exactly. Of all the food in California, we loved the omelets at a corner cafe the best. This was one of my biggest food inspirations while we were there. The avocados in my omelet were unbelievable. They tasted incredible and were the brightest green I've ever seen. It also had tomatoes on top that were sweeter and juicier than any you can find in the midwest. And the oranges. My god the oranges.



And of course we wouldn't have been proper tourists if we hadn't gone to the Golden Gate Bridge.



No comments: