Saturday, September 6, 2008

Running Buddy

Last night I discovered the awesome power that is a runny buddy. For the first time since she moved to Omaha, Kate and I were finally able to synch up our schedules and go for a run. Last night was beautiful. It was about 60 degrees, cloudy. Ok, so not beautiful, but perfect for running and not wanting to die from the heat and humidity. We set out with no particular goal in mind and when we hit what I thought was three miles, we turned around and ran back to my house. The run seemed a little too easy and I was thinking that I could have been wrong about the milage. Turns out, I was wrong. I thought we ran six miles but we actually ran seven. HUH? Seven miles? And I didn't feel like total hell when we were done? We were both freaking out about running the 1/2 in a few weeks without technically training for it, but I think that we did really well. We paced about 12:00 miles which is really good in my opinion.

We went out for drinks afterwards. Kate is also a good drinking buddy too. :)

No comments: