Tuesday, January 20, 2009

6% More Effort, 60% More Awesome

My hair is longer now than it has been in probably the last two years. I'm really bad (i.e. lazy) at styling it so most days involve a five minute blow-dry and a ponytail. During the summer I air-dry in the car on the way to work. The days I do blow-dry it to completion it just kind of hangs there all flat and pathetic. It's the Debby Downer of hair.

Start to finish, my morning routine takes forty-five minutes and I'm not too keen on extending it with hair time. But, the prospect of having sort of nice hair was tempting me so I went to the beauty store and bought a bunch of hair junk yesterday. I got another thing of dry shampoo (for those exceptionally lazy mornings), a bottle of spray root lifter and some velcro rollers.

This morning I root lifted before blow-drying. Then I velcro rolled after blow drying. I let the rollers stay in for about ten minutes and bam! I had some volume! It was well worth the extra three minutes I spent on my hair this morning. Velcro rollers are crazy easy to use and actually work. Why didn't someone tell me this before? I was marveled by them.

Definitely worth the $2.98 investment I made in them.

No comments: