Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nice Little Wedding

Back to that creepy TLC mega family...

The oldest son got married and while I don't really agree with their "courtship" and bizarro engagement**, I thought their approach to the wedding was so sweet and practical. The bride made the dresses for the wedding party, the church provided the decorations, people in the congregation baked cakes and made all the reception food. It was so refreshing to see a wedding on TV (yes, I'm pointing my finger at you TLC) that doesn't propagate some ridiculous "greedy bride" stereotype. Everyone was happy, smiling, laughing and had a wonderful time.

I wanted to punch the TV though when the father of the bride said that control of his daughter was going to pass on to her husband because that's the way God designed marriage.

**Seriously, it was weird. They held hands like two rabid, repressed teenagers. Oh wait...

3 comments:

Jen said...

it made me laugh that you updated us on the wedding :) What a weird show...

Christine said...

Hahaha. I was thinking about it yesterday and it hit me that it was kind of a sweet little wedding.

I was laughing out loud when the groom sang to his bride during the wedding and said that it is every woman's dream to be sang to by her husband.

Do you dream of that Jen?

They also listened to a book on CD about sex in the parking lot of the hotel. Too funny...

Jen said...

I only dream of it every second of every day :)

I may actually own that cd...

j/k !!!