Friday, January 16, 2009

Addictions

2008 was officially the year that I kicked my clothing addiction. The success of my sartorial rehab was the result of growing older and wiser and not getting the same thrill out of shopping anymore.

Okay, that's completely untrue.

What really ended up happening was that I bought a house and I longed to fill it up with stuff. (Dear Ford, please do not let them open an Ikea in Omaha. Amen.) So, my clothing addition was parlayed into a home decorating addiction. I'd like to think that buying furniture is less selfish than buying shoes since I'm sharing everything in the house with Matt. And I don't have to worry about my butt getting too fat to enjoy an end table for the next ten years.

For instance, it's absolutely fine that I bought this lamp yesterday because we are both going to enjoy the light it will bring our living room.

No comments: