Friday, January 16, 2009

Domesticated Ladies

I got the urge to bake cookies last night, but I was halted by the thought of, "I don't want to go to the store to buy the ingredients. It's cold outside." Then I went back to watching DVR... then I thought about cookies some more... then I checked the kitchen. Sure enough, all the delicious items required to bake cookies were stocked in the pantry.

And I realized: I have become one of those women. I became a woman who always makes sure there's brown sugar and crisco in the pantry in the event of emergency baking. I am officially domesticated!

But I'm still a woman who keeps a bottle of Jack in the freezer. Some things never change.

2 comments:

kelly said...

Sounds like a great combo!

Oh! Perhaps our eighth day should be called Jackncookieday?

Christine said...

Mmm. Jackncookieday sounds delicious. I'm taking this to Congress.